The Monastic Mirror


____________________________

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Listen with the ear of your heart......"


It is spring time in Rome....and today during our "silent day of recollection"  I walked around the grounds of the monastery.  It is loaded with lemons, oranges, and cumquats.  I am told that the three together make a beautiful marmalade...but I have not tasted it.



The smells of the fruit after the morning rain tingled the senses...






Avacado's and Cabbage to be harvested..

It was during this walk that I realized God was talking to me with all of my senses....from the rich earth, the great smell of dirt, to the work of the Sisters, it all brought life to this area....it was being reborn.  If you closed your eyes you could almost hear the plants growing....bursting with life...it was a beautiful day to "LISTEN......"

No comments:

Post a Comment