The Monastic Mirror


____________________________

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Vatican Museum

Yesterday we went to the Vatican Museum.  Words are quite inadequate to capture the essence of this wonderful place.  I will post a few pictures but encourage anyone who is in Rome to take the time to go to this wonderful place.                                                                                                                          To the left is a painting by Chilandaios of the "Vocation of Peter and Paul"              
  A fresco preserved from the early century..                                                                                                                                                                                           Look at the detail.                                
 On the side I will post some more pictures for your enjoyment....God Bless your day.




1 comment:

  1. When I was in Rome I hate to say this there was to much in the Vatican museum for my liking and felt very rushed and LOADS OF PEOPLE but it did like the modern art section I'll have to see if I can find my photo and share them with you

    ReplyDelete