The Monastic Mirror


Sunday, April 25, 2010

Good Shepard Sunday

Today is Good Shepherd Sunday and I have been pondering all day about the verse from Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes"....I find this only fitting on this Sunday considering the latest news on the priest scandal within our church.  It is unfortunate that the news focuses on the 2% of priests that have been found guilty of sexual impropriety.  The remaining 98% continue to serve the church, shepherding us into the future with hope, trust and love......
I think God is wiping many tears today and every day as we deal with the many struggles which face our church, we religious and our priests.  So today, when you go to mass or knell in quiet and pray....

     Say a prayer for your priests
     maybe the one that wiped your tear away
     or the one that helped you when you were lost.
     Thank God for their "yes"  to serve and give us    
     the bread of life.......

Just a thought....praying for all the priests who are so faithful in their service.....


No comments:

Post a Comment